-22 days to Valentine’s day and I can already feel your despair: what to give to your beloved half? What to choose not to fall into clichés? What to do not to give him/her something they’ve already received in the past (oh the horror!)
We need some serious Valentines day ideas and inspiration here.
Valentine’s Day Ideas
Believe it or not, I’ve never spent a”normal” Valentine’s day in my life. Sometimes I’ve even forgot it actually was Valentine’s Day, or I had to work, or I was single so no Valentine to share the happiness with. This year my biggest Valentine’s gift would be actually seeing my boyfriend and spending some time with him, but this is not possible at the moment, you already know it if you are following my blog. I want to bring some luck my way, so let’s cheer up! What to do if you’re a lovely couple in search of ideas?
- First rule: no dinner out please. Or at least not a regular one. And no Groupon deals! I believe you can spend that little more money on a special day and not hand your printed Groupon page to the waiter. Please. Some ideas for you: Romantic cruise on the Thames on 14th evening (oh how lovely is that??). If you’re not such a classic couple though, you can choose the Torture Garden Valentines Love Boat option, on the 15th; you have an amazing view from the Victoria Embankment and you can let your kinky instincts take over for one night! Keen on costumes and masks but not so brave for the Torture Garden? Then the Belle Epoque masked ball is exactly what you need. I wouldn’t lose a chance to live that era again with my boyfriend! If you want to live the thrills of walking through old London dungeons, the first 100 couple to go through the door will receive a human heart shaped cupcake. Nice, isn’t it?
- Do you know that Valentine’s day it’s on Thursday this year? You could take the 14th and 15th off and spend the whole weekend somewhere far from your routine. What about this place? I’d love my boyfriend forever if he booked a room there!
- If you live together, I’d say it’s fine to choose your house as a perfect Valentine’s location. You can make it a nice place, put some effort in it, work together to make a wonderful night happen! Do not open the door to anyone else, switch your devices off (yes I’m talking to you social media girl! No pictures of the flowers “Look how sweet my boyfriend iiiis!!”) and take the night off only for you two.
Now on to the Valentine’s Gifts
- A big NO to Valentine’s cards. It’s not like that cousin you don’t even remember the face just got married or your neighbour just had a baby. It’s a day to celebrate your happiness with your partner, you don’t need a card!
- Flowers! You may think it’s an old fashioned way to show your love to your partner, but I’d love some of my favourite flowers insted of chocolate. Leave his/her favourite flowers on the kitchen table or outside the door. You will make his/her day! Some ideas: Marks and Spencer flowers are always a good deal, and if you don’t know your partner favourite flowers you can always go for red roses… you won’t fail!
- Yes to tickets of all sorts: if you know that your boy/girlfriend loves a band, a film (an old vintage film is a great idea! I would have loved my boyfriend giving me Labyrinth tickets… I went with a friend instead haha) a place: buying her/him tickets is a wonderful idea! Your partner will know that you’re willing to share something she/he loves and it will strengthen your bond!